Justin Bieber Says Shawn Mendes Can't Take Prince of Pop Title, Not Yet

Justin Bieber to Shawn Mendes Hold Your Horses, Eh? You're Not Prince of Pop ... Yet

Justin Bieber is stomping out any thoughts Shawn Mendes is the current Prince of Pop -- but the title might be up for grabs ... if Shawn wants to skate for it.

JB responded to an IG post Shawn threw up on Sunday -- a magazine cover of himself with the headline, "Prince of pop." Biebs told his fellow Canadian pop star pal to pump the brakes ... 'cause Justin insists he's still the chosen one of the genre.

According to Bieber, Shawn has a long way to go and a lot more records to break before he can touch the crown. He didn't seem malicious about it though, describing his ribbing as being delivered in a "Canadian voice" -- something they'd both understand.

Justin has an interesting proposition for Shawn though, telling him if he wants ... they could decide this Prince of Pop thing once and for all over a game of hockey.

It sounds like Justin's taking even more shots, 'cause he says he's heard Shawn's a "bender" on the ice ... meaning he can't skate. And, of course, we know Justin can.

View this post on Instagram

So I read a lot of messages saying you want an album .. I’ve toured my whole teenage life, and early 20s, I realized and as you guys probably saw I was unhappy last tour and I don’t deserve that and you don’t deserve that, you pay money to come and have a lively energetic fun light concert and I was unable emotionally to give you that near the end of the tour. I have been looking, seeking, trial and error as most of us do, I am now very focused on repairing some of the deep rooted issues that I have as most of us have, so that I don’t fall apart, so that I can sustain my marriage and be the father I want to be. Music is very important to me but Nothing comes before my family and my health. I will come with a kick ass album ASAP, my swag is undeniable and my drive is indescribable his love is supernatural his grace is that reliable.... the top is where I reside period whether I make music or not the king said so. 👑 but I will come with a vengeance believe that.. (grammar and punctuation will be terrible pretend it’s a text where u just don’t care).

A post shared by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) on

FWIW ... it's understandable why Shawn would think he's dethroned Justin. Dude hasn't released very much new solo music since 2015 ... and Shawn's been grinding nonstop for a while now.

Granted, JB's been focusing on his personal life and well-being -- and ya can't knock him for that -- but someone was bound to step into the PoP convo eventually.

If this brings Justin out of hiatus and back into the studio ... bring on the Prince of Pop games!


Read More

Post a Comment

[blogger][facebook]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget